LAST UPDATED: July 19, 2021
Collection of Information
Use of Information
Sharing of Information
Analytics and Advertising
Transfer of Information to the United States and Other Countries
Additional Disclosures for Individuals in Europe
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, you share information directly with us when you create an account, provide information for use in project update publications with your permission, join a Leadership Room, Chapter, Team or Club, register for events, fill out a form (such as to request our newsletter), submit or post content through our Services (such as in a Leadership Room), send an email to one of our listservs, participate in a contest, survey or promotion, apply for a job with us, make a purchase, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. We also may request information as necessary to provide you with organizational or programming updates, information about fundraising opportunities, and other information or correspondence relevant to our Services.
This personal information may include contact information, such as your name, mailing address and email address, photo, credit card or other payment information, age range, professional and biographical information, social media handle, information related to why you are interested in DfGI and any other information which you choose to provide us.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Interact with Us
When you access or use our Services or otherwise transact business with us, we automatically collect certain information, including:
● Transactional Information: When you make a donation to DfGI, we collect information about the transaction, such as donation or purchase details, donation amount or purchase price, and the date and location of the transaction.
● Device and Usage Information: We collect information about how you access our Services, including data about the device and network you use, such as your hardware model, operating system version, mobile network, IP address, unique device identifiers, browser type, and app version. We also collect information about your activity on our Services, such as access times, pages viewed, links clicked, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
● Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We (and our service providers) use tracking technologies, such as cookies and web beacons, to collect information about you. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are electronic images that we use on our Services and in our emails to help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, see the Your Choices section below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We obtain information from third-party sources. For example, we may collect information about you from mailing list providers, public sources and other users.
Information We Derive
We may derive information or draw inferences about you based on the information we collect. For example, we may make inferences about your preferences based on your browsing behavior.
USE OF INFORMATION
DfGI will use the information we collect for the following purposes:
– Provide, maintain and improve our Services.
– Process transactions, including one-time and ongoing donations.
-Responding to an inquiry: If you contact DfGI with a question or inquiry, we will use information we have collected to respond.
-General communications: DfGI sends updates on our work and projects, newsletters, fundraising appeals and upcoming events.
-Volunteer engagement: If you apply to volunteer, we may use your contact information, such as email address, mailing address and phone number, to communicate with you about current project planning or future opportunities.
-Surveys: Occasionally, we request website visitors’ participation in surveys to improve our organization and our web presence. These surveys are entirely voluntary, and each individual can choose whether or not to disclose information through them.
– Personalize and improve your experience on our Services;
– Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
– Personalize the advertisements you see on third-party platforms and websites (for more information, see the Advertising and Analytics section below); and
– Process applications for employment with us.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
DfGI shares your information in the following circumstances or as otherwise described in this policy:
– We share information with trusted vendors, service providers and consultants that need access to personal information in order to perform services for us, such as companies that assist us with web hosting, shipping and delivery, payment processing, fraud prevention, customer service, and marketing and advertising.
– If you post content in another public area of our Services, we share this information to users and others who have access to these areas of our Services.
– We may disclose personal information if we believe that disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
– We may share personal information if we believe that your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe that you have violated the law, or if we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, and safety of DfGI, our users, the public, or others.
– We share personal information with our lawyers and other professional advisors where necessary to obtain advice or otherwise protect and manage our business interests.
– We share personal information with your consent or at your direction.
– We also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
HOW LONG WE WILL KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA
DfGI will hold your personal information for as long as it is necessary to carry out the purposes for which we have originally collected it and for other legitimate business purposes, including to meet our legal, regulatory, or other compliance obligations
ANALYTICS AND ADVERTISING
TRANSFER OF INFORMATION TO THE UNITED STATES AND OTHER COUNTRIES
DfGI is headquartered in the United States, and we have operations and service providers in the United States and other countries. Therefore, we and our service providers may transfer your personal information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide levels of data protection that are equivalent to those of your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal information receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
You may update and correct certain account information at any time by logging into your account, or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to request that we delete information we hold about you, please email us at email@example.com, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for our legitimate business purposes. If you are a member, you may request that we limit the ways we share your information with other DfGI members by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually adjust your browser settings to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that removing or rejecting cookies could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from DfGI by following the instructions in those communications or by emailing us at email@example.com. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
ADDITIONAL DISCLOSURES FOR INDIVIDUALS IN EUROPE
If you are located in the European Economic Area (EEA), the United Kingdom, or Switzerland, you have certain rights and protections under the law regarding the processing of your personal data, and this section applies to you.
Legal Basis for Processing:
When we process your personal data, we will do so in reliance on the following lawful bases:
– To perform our responsibilities under our contract with you (e.g., processing payments for and providing the products and services you requested).
– When we have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data to operate our business or protect our interests (e.g., to provide, maintain, and improve our products and services, conduct data analytics, and communicate with you).
– To comply with our legal obligations (e.g., to maintain a record of your consents and track those who have opted out of marketing communications).
– When we have your consent to do so (e.g., when you opt in to receive marketing communications from us). When consent is the legal basis for our processing your personal data, you may withdraw such consent at any time.
Your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR):
Subject to certain limitations, under GDPR, you have the right to request access to the personal data we hold about you and to receive your data in a portable format, the right to ask that your personal data be corrected or erased, and the right to object to, or request that we restrict, certain processing. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to raise concerns or make a complaint:
If you would like to make a complaint, have a question or raise a concern about how we process your personal data, please contact email@example.com.
If you have a concern about our processing of personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority where you reside. Contact details for your Data Protection Authority can be found using the links below:
For individuals in the EEA: https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en
For individuals in the UK: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/
For individuals in Switzerland: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home/the-fdpic/contact.html
We use Security Socket Layer (SSL) technology on our website and all data transmitted to and from our website are encrypted.
This site contains hypertext links to other sites. DfGI is not responsible for the privacy policies, practices or content of such websites. Likewise, if you accessed our website from a third party side, we are not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of that side and recommend that you check their policy should you have any questions.