West Africa (Ghana) Communication Volunteer
Classification: Part time Volunteer (10 hrs/week)
Reporting To: West Africa Director
Days for Girls’ mission is to reverse the cycles of poverty and violence by building efficient, direct and effective means for girls and women worldwide to improve their dignity, health and standing in their communities with access to sustainable menstrual health management and reproductive health knowledge for Every Girl. Everywhere. Period.
Days for Girls West Africa is a registered non-governmental organization that is committed to empowering women and communities by promoting access to menstrual health management options and reproductive health knowledge.
The organization utilizes a multipronged approach to achieve its mission. Days for Girls’ mission focuses on embedding solutions to challenges created by lack of menstrual health management materials and reproductive health knowledge by partnering with local grassroots organizations and conducting comprehensive training and mentoring programs. This mission is powered by our three tier model offering locally made, high-quality washable menstrual hygiene kits, reproductive health education training, and women-led enterprise development. Our current priorities include strengthening our program delivery through regular evaluation, assessment and refresher training of our program staff, creation of follow-up support resources for program participants, and improved monitoring and evaluation systems.
Days for Girls West Africa (DfG West Africa) is seeking highly motivated and skilled communication personnel as a volunteer to the country program. The role will support communication needs of the office such as preparing stories, articles, news briefs, Information Education Communication (IEC) materials, event coverage, photography and videography, media engagements, social media page management and supporting other advocacy activities among others.
The position can be remote.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Covering all in office and out of office events
- Photography and Videography assignments
- Create content such as articles, briefes, abstract, news items, etc.
- Managing office media engagements
- Support the implementation of DFG brand style guidelines across all our program areas to ensure consistent internal and external messaging
- Support in the planning, execution of radio and media interventions like Radio advertisements- jingle and TV/Radio segments/interviews, event coverage as well publicity of such events.
- Implement DFG Ghana social media engagement strategy as well as creation of content for posting on social media
- Supporting strategies to boost following for our DFG Ghana social media handles.
- Implement search engine optimization and web visibility strategies.
- Design and Implement challenges, live events, campaigns, etc on our social media platforms.
- Analysis of data on media platforms as well as strategies and develop cost effective media interventions to promote country program objectives. and compilation of results for publishing
- Manage office engagements with the media
- Support the creation of resources such as IEC materials, infographics, campaign messages, and addition to products and service packaging to generate sales.
- Support the development graphic content for the office.
- Translation of some DFG resources into local languages.
The position will work to support these outcomes:
- Ensure DFG recognition and publicity working with the media.
- Position DFG as a leader in washable pads in WA
- Provide adequate coverage and documentation for DFG events/activities
- Promote social media engagements for DFG with a target for followers..
- Using media as an advocacy tool for challenging the stigma attached the MHM
- Certificate in Communication studies (Social and Behavioral Change Communication) Integrated Development Studies, Public Health or a related field
- Experience working in a communication in non-profit or NGO setting
- Flexible and professional individual who is capable of taking the initiative
- Experience in social media communication strategies
- Creative problem solver
- Experience working in the field of sexual reproductive health, girls’ education, or women’s empowerment preferred
- Skills in Written and Verbal Communication
- Passionate about using social media as an advocacy tool
- Competency in G Suite applications (Gmail, Google Docs), Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) as well as other design softwares, egg photoshop,canva, etc.
- Camera handling skills as well as editing will be an added advantage.
- French speaking candidates and Females are encouraged to apply.
The role will require up to 10hrs per week work time.
The role is flexible and the candidate could work remotely and may be required to visit the office on certain days depending on the work at hand
Do send application and CVs and letter of interest to Days for Girls West Africa firstname.lastname@example.org